Sunday, April 24, 2011

Too much to think about

As a mom, you don't just take care of yourself, you take care of a significant other, your children, the house, their things, their school things... I get to a point sometimes when I realize I'm not taking care of myself. Skipping meals, skipping hair cuts, wearing clothes that are snagged or not the right fit. Everytime someone asks me what I want, I can only think of things I'd like to get the kids. I do want a bike, and have a list of other "wants", but those are not things I would expect to ask from other people. I have a son who isn't sleeping well, laundry that needs putting away or washed, a daughter with homework and her own calendar to keep, a husband to spend time with, and sleep to get. I completely understand now why so many women are SAHMs, and although I love my job (and it is only part-time), I wish I could be home more often to get stuff done around the house and have a chance to relax before my husband gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment