Thursday, April 28, 2011

First set of cloth trainers

I received my first two cloth trainers today; Bumble Pants and Kawaii Baby.

The Bumble Pants are a WAHM product (which to me in only a mild bonus). It can be pulled on like underwear and has snap closures, which means you don't have to completely undress your child when there is an accident. Immediately after receiving it, I poured a cup of water across the padding, most of it was absorbed into the diaper, but there was some beading. None of it leaked through the waterproof liner, however when pressure was applied, it did leak through the sides. They may be more absorbant after their first wash.

The Kawaii Baby I was curious about since I use Kawaii Baby diapers. These are only pull-on, no snaps. I applied a cup of water across the padding, and it seemed to only partially absorb. They may be more absorbent after their first wash.

Comparing these two, I believe the Bumble Pants would be better for starting training, as they are more absorbent than the Kawaii Baby. However, the Bumble Pants are nearly twice as expensive as the Kawaii Baby. The Kawaii Baby could be useful when there have been very few accidents, but not yet ready for underwear.

My concern for both of these before receiving them was for their bulkiness. I don't believe either of these would be more bulky than a disposable pull-on trainer.

I think my next order will be SuperUndies pocket trainers and Little Beetles.

No comments:

Post a Comment